How to get your website to appear in Google
How to get indexed by Google
This process is good practice when you publish a new post or page. You’re effectively telling Google that you’ve added something new to your site and that they should take a look at it.
- Go to Google Search Console.
- Navigate to the URL inspection tool
- Paste the URL you’d like Google to index into the search bar.
- Wait for Google to check the URL
- Click the “Request indexing” button
2. List your business on Google by creating a Google Business account
Go to https://www.google.com/business/
Follow the various prompts to add your:
- Business Name
- Map Location
- Contact Details
- Website Address
- Business Hours
Your business should then be listed on Google once you have verified your account.
In order to verify your account, Google will need to send you a letter via post with a confirmation code. Once you receive this letter, you will be able to follow the prompts and verify the website.