Create multiple rate options based on product weight, number of items, shipping class, and price
PLEASE NOTE: Table rate shipping is only available on Business and Premium Plans.
- Go to Store Management (Woocommerce)
- Shipping Zones, Edit
- You will see 4 shipping options (Flat Rate, Free Shipping, Local Pickup & Table Rate)
- Edit Table Rate and modify the settings
- In the video below, we have shown the store is set up to charge R100 for the first 5kg or R25 per kg if the item weighs more than 5.1kg. The item has a volumetric weight of 14kg so it calculates 14xR25 = R350.
- Consider offering maximum shipping charges on large items as weight-based shipping can scare potential clients away if the shipping ends up costing too much. Rather increase the product's price to account for the shipping costs or offer free shipping when a buyer spends a large amount with you.
For more options, please download the complete manual on Table Rate Shipping and discover all of the options available to your store.Download the Table Rate Shipping Manual